Saturday 31 March 2012

Puppet Fabrication (Complete)

Dozel


Once the main body was cut to shape I inserted two metal circles into Dozel's stomach (for decoration), one copper and the other silver coloured.


I covered his feet in foam using spray glue, then cut round the shape. I did the same for his eyes and hands.





Greedy


I spray glued some foam over Greedy's eyes and feet, then cut round the foam to shape it.


Pigwig


I glued a large metal nut into some soft foam for Pigwig's body, this would help when animating using magnets. I then shaped the foam using scissors to make his body shape, then glued his face on with epoxy.



I mixed acrylic and latex to paint the puppets.




Finished Puppets

Dozel



Greedy


Pigwig




I am extremely happy with how the puppets have turned out, the foam gives them a great texture, adding something extra to the shiny metal used.









No comments:

Post a Comment