Monday, 9 July 2012

My Showreel

This is my latest showreel, displaying some of the best parts of my animations along to a piece of music that I love. (Vivaldi -Four Seasons. Winter)

Friday, 8 June 2012

Final Animation

My final third year animation about a picnic that gets sabotaged by a greedy monster.

Thursday, 24 May 2012

Animation Poster

This is the A2 sized poster that I have made to advertise my animation.

Saturday, 19 May 2012


The editing is almost complete, I have booked the sound studio to record a few extra sound effects this week which I will then add to the animation. 
The decision that I made to use more varied camera angles has worked well and improved the visual appeal of the animation. I also made sure to zoom in and out, focussing on backgrounds then the character, adding more depth.
Here is a little sneak preview of one of the frames....

Sunday, 6 May 2012

Lighting and Animating

I focussed two lights either sides of the set and one spotlight facing upwards, bouncing light off the ceiling.

The animating is going well so far, I only have a small amount left to do before I move on to the editing.

Saturday, 5 May 2012

Park Set Complete

I asked one of my second year assistants (Nicola) to get some red checkered material from a fabric shop in town, she managed to find exactly what I had asked for which was great.

I kept the two halves of the set separated so that they were easier to carry to the rig. Once I had positioned the set the way I wanted, I slotted the two halves back together, filling in any gaps with plasticine.

I bought a large piece of aeroply for the background, spray painted it white then lightly sprayed blue over the top to give a cloudy sky effect.

Below is a photo of Dozel arriving at the picnic site, Greedy is there already, eagerly awaiting food.

Tuesday, 24 April 2012

Park Set Construction (Part Two)

I started by attaching a sheet of wire mesh (using a staple-gun) to the MDF I had previously cut. 

I used thin wire to fasten the flowers on to the mesh, then strengthened with epoxy glue.

I moulded coloured plasticine into cobbled, Celtic shapes to cover the mesh.

The plasticine gives an extra detail to the ground and also supports the flowers.

I arranged random tiles to break up the floor,

 I intend to fade out the lilac coloured plasticine to purple then blue, giving it more depth.

I bought some textured green paper which I stuck (using spray glue) on to the area around the park.

The Park Set so far....