Wednesday, 29 February 2012

Prop and Park Set Construction



Here is a picture of me busy working on more plants and trees for the Park Set. I have used a variety of coloured wire of different thicknesses, components, buttons, buckles, etc, as you can see in the picture below.


Below are some of the trees I am testing out, some of the smaller ones will have extra items hanging off them such as beads and cogs.


In between making props I have started work on the Park Set. I drew the layout across two pieces of A1 card then cut out the shapes and drew round them on to a sheet of 5mm MDF. 
I have also cut a sheet of wire mesh to the area where the flowers and trees will be, this is so that I can tie them down on to the mesh then staple the mesh to the base.


Flower Props.

Below are a few flowers that Lily, Nicola and Joel made. I spoke to each of them about particular ones that I would like more of, and discussed a few changes such as extra wire to strengthen the stems and stop the flower heads from wobbling.









Sunday, 26 February 2012

Flower Designs



Above are the flower and tree designs that I have made so far using wire, buttons, components and beads.
I asked a few of my second year assistants to design some flowers to go in the Park Set, I told them that I wanted unusual plants and flowers that don't actually exist, thus making them be inventive and use their imaginations.

Below are some of the designs that I have chosen, I will talk to them about possible materials to use and ask them to make a sample of each design this week.
Designs - Joel Townsend.

Designs - Lily Goodchild.

Designs - Nicola Everill.


Thursday, 23 February 2012

Clay Maquettes Rotated

video

These are the clay maquettes that I asked Daniel James to make, they will help as a visual reference when I make the actual puppets.

Greedy and Dozel
             


Wednesday, 22 February 2012

Final Animatic and Script

This is the final animatic for my major project. After getting good advice from Manoubi about the plot of the story, I asked Chloe Howley to draw new frames which I then added to the previous animatic.



Below is the finished script describing each scene, showing location, camera angles, cuts and character movements. Thanks to Manoubi's help, the script progressed from a basic draft, to the one shown below. He went through it and made sure the layout and information was correct and in-depth, explaining the need for small details and certain camera angles.










Thursday, 16 February 2012

Storyboard - Second Draft

Below is the second draft of the storyboard. After speaking to Manoubi Ben L'Amri, and getting advice about the plot, he mentioned that having a chase scene at the end would make it more interesting. He also said that the audience would feel an empathy for the small 'Pigwig' character, making him now the main character. Chloe Howley drew the extra frames based on new designs that I gave her, I then added the basic plot to show what will happen.













Tuesday, 7 February 2012

Progress Report

Everything seems to be going according to plan which is great, my reverse schedule is working well and keeping me organised and focussed on what I need to do.
I met with the four second years today (Lily Goodchild, Daniel James, Joel Townsend and Nicola Everill) who are going to work on my project. We had a meeting at 2pm to discuss what would need doing and how many hours people were willing to spare. 
As research I found images of flowers and picnic food that will need making, I made them into a collage and I have e-mailed them to the second years and asked them to work on some design ideas for Friday.




As well as this I have been working on the animatic, adding a few more images and sound. I have a basic armature that I have made to do some tests with, and I am currently working on the script which I will upload once completed.